Tencent Finance Academy Fintech Competition 2020 “Tech for Good"
Tencent Finance Academy (Hong Kong) is inviting applications for its Fintech Competition themed “Tech for Good”. The competition aims to encourage students to learn about and make use of financial technology to make our lives easier and to boost the development of fintech in the Greater Bay Area.
March 30 (Monday)
April 21 – May 13
Online Information Session
May 31, 23:59 p.m. (Sunday)
June 8 – June 10
June – August
Fintech Challenge Day
Proposal: English, Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese
Fintech Challenge Day: English, Mandarin or Cantonese
Final Presentation: English, Mandarin or Cantonese
Admission to HKSTP STEP Programme (subject to the fulfilment of basic requirements of STEP) and HKD 100,000 cash award;
Admission to HKSTP STEP Programme (subject to the fulfilment of basic requirements of STEP) and HKD 50,000 cash award;
Admission to HKSTP STEP Programme (subject to the fulfilment of basic requirements of STEP) and HKD 10,000 cash award.
Proposal Topics (choose 1 topic)
- Suggestion(s) on the inclusive financial product(s) of virtual banks.
- Recommendation(s) on the potential application scenario(s) for electronic identification.
- Recommendation(s) on the promotion of financial connectivity in the Greater Bay Area.
- Suggestion(s) on the acceleration of digital transformation of payment scenarios and optimisation of user experiences. Solution(s) to issue(s) related to financial inclusion or ‘tech for good’.
For more details, please refer to the competition website at https://www.tencentfa.org/competition.html.
Interested students should submit your application online at https://www.tencentfa.org/sign.html by May 31, 2020 (Sunday).
- Please note that student participants of this Competition will be responsible for their own safety while outside Hong Kong (for shortlisted teams who will participate in the training sessions in Mainland China and Macau).
- Please observe below precaution measures when participating in this Competition in light of the latest development of the Novel Coronavirus outbreak
- Please take proper precautions related to personal hygiene and prevention of transmission or infection. For example, you are highly recommended to wear a surgical face mask when going out and wash your hands frequently and properly.
- (For shortlisted teams who will participate in the training sessions in Mainland China and Macau) Please follow the instructions issued by the Centre for Health Protection (https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/chi/index.html) and the University, including but not limited to practicing self-quarantine for at least 14 days upon your return and close monitoring of your health conditions. This is to ensure the safety of members of our university community and that of Hong Kong as a whole.
- You are also welcome to consult the advice and announcements provided by the University Health Service (UHS) at http://www.uhs.hku.hk/phpedpr/novel_infectious_disease_of_PH_significance.php , and contact the UHS at 3917-2514 during office hours. - Our Faculty will not secure any accommodation/housing for such self-quarantine arrangements.
- Our Faculty will not be responsible for any expenses incurred in this Competition.
- The data collected through the online application is solely administered by the organizer. The Faculty shall not be held liable in the case that disputes, loss or any other situations arise.