Career Development & Training
Career Development and Training
HKU Business School has a team dedicated to preparing our masters students for success in the world of work.
Leveraging our networks and resources, we aim to provide first-class career services that:
- Help students explore and understand the industry sectors they are most interested in and evaluate options based on their profile and aspirations;
- Help students develop a realistic career plan by facilitating the planning and execution of their personal career exploration and strategies; and
- Help students enhance their skills, competencies and confidence necessary in the world of business.
We offer a diverse range of career development activities including:
- Career development and training workshops on strategic interview, resume writing, personal branding, case interview and assessment centre preparation, storytelling skills, and professional grooming, etc.
- One-to-one coaching and mentoring
- Alumni, professional bodies and executive sharing sessions
- Individual career coaching sessions
- Recruitment talks
- Career portal
- HKU Career Fair
- Online tools: Assessment Day (Aptitude test bank), Interview Stream (Practicing video interviews and sharing with coaches for feedback)
- Skills-based training: Bloomberg Terminal, WIND, Google Garage and Python
We also value partnerships, and work tirelessly to reach out to the community and corporate, both locally and in the wider region, for all forms of collaboration, particularly for knowledge sharing and talent acquisition. Many of the related events and job opportunities are exclusive to HKU Business School masters students.